Monday, August 15, 2011

Blogs and personal accountability

Bloggers beware, here I come! I decided to start blogging. Being a newbie at this I'm not sure if I'm doing it right, if there's even a right or wrong way. Oh well, this is my blog and I can make it to be whatever I want it to be, even if it resembles a diary more that anything.

Staying home with a baby is a lot of fun. Sleep deprivation kind of gets you in the beginning, when dealing with a newborn, you both learn how to go about things. But as time goes by the baby starts sleeping better, mommies catch up on their sleep debt and things seem to be getting into their places. As months passed I began noticing that laziness creeps up my door step day in and day out. It's so easy to just let yourself dose off here and there, especially when the baby is napping and the house sort of switches into the sleep mode. So I decided to get myself a little more disciplined and start panning my time. This blog seems like a wonderful way of keeping me accountable, well, to myself. That's why they call it personal accountability. Not a very popular notion these days. Same as common sense which as some say is not that common any more (sigh...).

So, here we go! I commit to trying out new things, finding fun stuff to do for or with my baby, saving money while staying healthy, and share whatever I find useful in enriching our lives. In other words, the plan is to get busy, in a good way, to be a blessing to my family. If you think of it, purposeful people are happy people.

No comments:

Post a Comment