Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Meaning of Hectic

Past two weeks were a good example of what hectic looks like for me. I didn't even have time to read through my emails, hang around on Facebook, check the article updates from mercola.com or, as a matter of fact, to just sit down and blog. Even though my head was buzzing with ideas. Oh well, what's a busy mom to do, right?

One of the exciting things was that my brother-in-law with his family came down from the Bay Area for a visit. Their baby-girl is a few months older than our daughter and I was super excited to get to spend some time with my sister-in-law whom I normally see only a few times a year. We had a ton of fun together - went to the beach with the girls, had them play together in a mini-pool in our yard, went for walks and shopping or simply enjoyed some down time while the girls would nap. It seemed like the babies had fun too, squealing with excitement at the very sight of each other and then following each other around the room - looking for ways to get into trouble! Wonderful time and very busy too.

Before I knew Labor day weekend came around and we had a big family get together for an afternoon barbecue. It started out as a few families coming together to hang out and then it grew to include some more family so we ended up with a party of 11 adults and 3 babies. It was quite a chaos, I must say. Being the control freak that I am, especially when it comes to my kitchen, I was stressed out to say the least. It was good that the other ladies were helping. The guys were in charge of the grilling part which was nice of them. Too bad it took them a long time to have the food ready. We ended up eating what was meant to be lunch at 4 pm! I was so hungry that my vision was beginning to get blurry :) Either way, we had a great time, the babies played together in a pool and seemed to have fun too. Although it was hard to say who had more fun - the babies or their parents hovering around them :) The day turned out great.

A few days later our guests went home, the house got cleaned up, things came back to their usual way and I sighed with relief. Not that I didn't enjoy these past two weeks, no, that's not what I am saying. It just seems like after so much going on, lots of people around it feels really good to go back to normal. Maybe I'm an introvert? They say extraverts are those who get their energy from associating with other people while introverts find it within themselves. I have noticed that lately the latter is more true of me. Being around many people drains me, I feel tired after. It used to be the other way around before, back before I was married. Maybe that's because I am getting older?

No comments:

Post a Comment